Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Wizzard-me
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jonathan Steeman

Update Backup and Replication v7 R2 destroyed installation

Post by Wizzard-me »

Hi there,

I'm new to veeam and wanted to validate the software. I use Windows server 2012 R2 as virtual host and as such installed the R2 update to support Windows server 2012 r2 Hyper-V.
The services where all stopped and i could proceed with the installation. It did some backuping during the installation and finished correctly and succesfully acccording to the software installation app...
But now the installation is destroyed. I was not able to start the application because the shortcut did not point to a valid exe file... It was deleted. And deinstallation asks for lost assembly's and / or dependency's.

Any idea how this could happen and how to restore to clean state?
I wish to try to install veeam and give it another shot. But untill now my experience with the product is not that good.
I have high hopes for the product and hope that this does not turn out to be a disappointment.

Kind regards,
Jonathan
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Update Backup and Replication v7 R2 destroyed installati

Post by foggy »

Jonathan, please contact technical support directly, I'm sure they will be able to verify the reasons of installation corruption and assist you in restoring normal Veeam B&R operation. There are no known installation issues with R2 update, this version has been around for a while now and we have not received similar reports from any other users, so perhaps there is some 3rd party software conflict in your case. For example, antiviruses are known to cause all sort of issues to other applications. Thanks.