Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
MattR
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Matt

1-hour delay to each guest backup

Post by MattR »

I have recently upgraded to version 7-R2a from the 6.5 release and have discovered that the backup process is significantly delayed. I noted that it took at least 1 hour to get through the processing of the host before it would actually load any disks for reading.

Any idea what might be contributing to this delay or what it may be doing or waiting for in that time that it isn't getting?

Thanks.
MattR
Influencer

Re: 1-hour delay to each guest backup

Post by MattR »

The next step after the delay is to create the snapshot, which does happen within a reasonable time period. Removal of the snapshot also happens within reasonable times.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi Matt, please include the support case ID for this issue instead of posting log excerpts, as requested when you click New Topic.

I looked quickly through the known issues on the internal support portal, and could not find anything similar reported by anyone else - so perhaps the issue is not connected with the upgrade. We have well over half of our customer base on v7 by now...

Thanks!
MattR
Influencer

Post by MattR »

I resolved the issue through troubleshooting on my own. In case something similar happens to anyone else out there, look at your proxy hosts and even if it said they were successfully upgraded during the version change process, go ahead and remove them and re-create them (you have to make sure they are removed from your jobs to remove the proxy host).

Jobs are running smoothly again.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Matt, thanks for updating the thread with the found resolution. However, I would note that it is not generally required to perform manual proxy servers upgrade as it should run fine automatically in all cases. Perhaps, there was something that effectively prevented the proper proxy upgrade procedure, something environmental most likely.