Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jhicks
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jeffery Hicks

There is no row at position 0

Post by jhicks »

I just installed v4 on Windowsw 7 with an existing installation of SQL 2008 Express. No errors on install and the account I'm using is DBO on the Veeam database. I can see the Veeam database starting in the SQL logs. But when I try to start Veeam Backup all I get is an error: There is no row at position 0. I'm assuming this is a database problem but I'm not sure what else to look for. I've done a repair installation and rebooted. I have not configured anything because I can't get past this error. Suggestions?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: There is no row at position 0

Post by Gostev »

Hello Jeffery, could you please send all logs from Help | Support information to support@veeam.com, we will investigate this for you.
jhicks
Novice

Post by jhicks »

The program won't go past the splash screen. I also checked Windows event logs but found no errors or warnings. Since I use a dedicated account I had to go into SQL after the initial installation and make the account DBO on the Veeam database. I thought that might have been the problem so I did a repair installation, but still no change.

Where are the log files stored since I can't get to them through the app?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Depends on what accounts you use to run the service, and to open the UI. Our support will assist you in obtaining the required logs. May need DB install logs too, they will provide you with instructions on how to get those as well.
jhicks
Novice

Post by jhicks »

You just sparked something. I think I know what went wrong. When I did the initial install I used the my account and specified another account to use for the backup. However, I also checked the radio button to only install for me, not all users. Let me re-install.
jhicks
Novice

Post by jhicks »

That was it. Here's a summary.

1. I'm doing this in a workgroup, not a domain so the service account is local. It is a member of the local admins group.
2. I gave the local account, veeam, sysadmin rights on my SQLExpress instance.
3. Ran the setup using the veeam credential (right-click - run as different user). Chose the option to install for all users which I think is the key here.
4. Install ran without error.
5. I was able to start the program with my own account without error.

Although I think there is one small bug with this installation process. On the dialog where you specify the account and port, the port field had an extra # character which I had to manually remove. When I did the original install under my credential, I never got this extra character.

Anyway, I'm past my first hurdle.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Jeffery, thanks for updating the resolution, I truly appreciate. We do very limited testing in workgroup (non-domain) environments, so there could defintely be some bugs in such usage scenario.