Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Feature request : Enhance mail functionality

Post by Peejay62 »

Veeam has this wonderfull feature of automatically restarting a job after a given period for a number of times. Most of the time a subsequent retry will end the job successfully. I really would like to be able to specify that only the mail for the last run of a job to be sent. For example, I have a job processing 20 VMs and have set retry twice, time scope 30 minutes. So the job runs, only 1 vm fails, the other19 are OK. It sends a mail the job has failed. The person on call get's lifted out of bed for a failing job. Maybe in the mean time the retry is performed and runs well.. I get a job success mail.. My point is, I only want to be informed on the final result of the job. So an option like "Send email on last retry only" would be fine. Also it would be nice to have the mail subject stating which run number it is. for example : [Failed (run 1 of 3 tries)] Jobname (xx VMs).

thanks, Peter
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Feature request : Enhance mail functionality

Post by veremin »

Hi, Peter, I'm wondering what product version you're using. In version 7 there is only one cumulative email sent send an email when all the retries are finished.

Thanks.
Peejay62
Expert

Post by Peejay62 »

Hi Vitaly,

I am running 7.0.0.771. And yes, you are right, it only sends one cumulative email, i haven't looked that well.. :oops:
So, no issue there. I have been set on the wrong track here by a initially failing copyjob. What happened, it gave an error that full backup transformation failed (@11:46:33 PM). I received the Failed mail. When I now look in the job I see a full backup transformation completed successfully @ 04:00:00 AM, some 4 hours later and everything has success status. No mail of that though. The job is mentioned as Failed in the last 24 hours display and no Succes entry.
Anyway, my initial enhancement request is there already.. As I am already talking enhancements for mail, It would be welcome to add recipients for the different kind of levels of messages, so for example in case of failed only mail support and in case of success inform a customer recipient. I think there has already been a request like this though.

Bye, Peter
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

It would be welcome to add recipients for the different kind of levels of messages, so for example in case of failed only mail support and in case of success inform a customer recipient
Currently, it's possible only with PS scripting in place. However, thank you for your feedback; much appreciated.

Thanks.
Peejay62
Expert

Post by Peejay62 »

Ok, and sorry for messing up names Vladimir ..

Bye, Peter
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

No problem. I'm used to it. Some customer has called me Erwin once. So, Vitaliy isn't that bad. :D
Peejay62
Expert

Post by Peejay62 »

There is one thing though: Enterprise manager seems to accumulate all the mail messages given the last 24 hours for the results. So I had 20 jobs run, 18 with initial success, 2 failed in the first run and success on the rerun: Last 24 hours, 2 errors,0 warning, 20 successes...
That is a bit pointing me in the wrong direction there. Just a minor thing but this can be misleading... So if there is some kind of enhancement possible here that would be nice.

Thanks, Peter