Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
GabesVirtualWorld
Expert
Liked: 38 times
Full Name: Gabrie van Zanten

Design question for replication

Post by GabesVirtualWorld »

Hi

I want to migrate some VMs between two datacenters. Each datacenter has its own vCenter environment and there is no other connection between them then but routed IP. I have done this before about a year ago, but I can't remember my exact setup anymore.

On site A I have Veeam B&R installed and connected to vCenter A. On the Veeam Server, I'm also using the Veeam Proxy. On site B I have a Win2008 VM and of course vCenter B. Proxy-A and the Win2008 VM have IP connectivity and I was able to push the proxy agent to the Win2008 VM (now called Proxy-B).

What I don't know however, does the Veeam B&R Server need to be able to talk to vCenter B as well? Or can this be relayed through Proxy-B? But how do I tell Proxy-B to talk to vCenter B ?

If this is not a good setup, is there any other setup possible where vCenter B is not "exposed" to site A?

Gabrie
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Design question for replication

Post by veremin »

You have to have a connection between VB&R management server at your site A and vCenter at site B. Once connection is specified, you will be able to migrate VM from site A to site B, using replication job.

Thanks.
GabesVirtualWorld
Expert
Liked: 38 times
Full Name: Gabrie van Zanten

Re: Design question for replication

Post by GabesVirtualWorld »

Ok, thx !!!