RESTful knowledge exchange
abqstu
Influencer
Liked: never

REST requests not returning

Post by abqstu »

I'm afraid this is going to be a slightly vague question - I'm looking really for suggestions on things I can try to debug the problem.

At times my client software will be happily communicating through the REST API, when suddenly the server will stop responding to requests. The one time when I was actually running in a debugger when it happened I stepped over the call that sent the request and it just never returned.
Stopping and restarting my client had no effect - the only way I could get the server to start responding to requests again was to reboot the machine it was running on.

It hasn't happened enough times for me to say for certain whether it's happening on certain calls, or certain patterns of calls.

So I guess my questions are
1. Has anyone seen anything like this before and if so did they find the problem.
2. Are there any diagnostic checks I can perform the next time it happens to find out the state of the REST service.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Stuart
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Re: REST requests not returning

Post by nefes »

I would suggest to review logs of RESTful and Enterprise services at that period of time.
Certainly, when it comes to logs reviewing, it is better to involve Support team to help you understand it bettter and faster.
Besides if there's a bug in any component - Support will let R&D know about it so it can be fixed.