Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
trackstar
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Restore MS Exchange Items (DAG)

Post by trackstar »

Hello,

Can you guys confirm this.

We have 2 Exchange 2010 (EX1 & EX2) Servers in a DAG. We backup them both in a single job but they don't run concurrent (one at a time).

When I performed a restore using Restore MS Exchange Items on EX2 today, I only see the databases that are not active from EX1 shown up (once restored mounted the databases). I am assuming this is correct?

I was able to restored a few accounts (exporting to pst), but there was one account that kept giving an error at around 80% (Jet Error). I tried a few attempts using the file level restore but it didn't work (used eseutil /P). Took me a long time to finally think out of the box and went to the server that had the active database and use the Veeam Explorer for Exchange to do a restore. I was able to export the pst of that account without issue.

TT
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Restore MS Exchange Items (DAG)

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Can you please confirm that you're running on the latest version (v7 R2) of Veeam B&R? As far as I know there were a couple fixes for these kind of use cases.

As to Jet Errors, then I don't think it is related anyhow to the way databases are displayed. If you see these errors confirming, then it is best to open a support case with our technical team.

Thank you!