Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jp34
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: JP

Veeam 6 Ent & 7 Std working in the same infrastructure ?

Post by jp34 »

Hi,

On a physical server "S1", GUI, Backup, Proxy and Repository services are installed with a v6 Enteprise license.
On a physical server "S2", only Repository services are installed (disk array).
On "VM3", only Proxy services are installed (for Hot-Add).

I'd like to add to my network Veeam services with a Standard license (v7).
As a Veeam server cannot have 2 licences files, I need a Standard license and an Enterprise one (some customers need Standard features, others Enterprise ones, but all VMs are in the same VMWare infrastructure).
I installed GUI, Backup, Proxy and Repository services in a new "VM4".
If I add "S2" and "VM3" to my v7 Veeam infrastructure, current v6 services of "S2" and "VM3" will be upgraded to v7 ? can they still work with v6 jobs defined on my old server "S1" ?

Thanks in advance.

PS: According license FAQ "only one edition (Standard, Enterprise, or Enterprise Plus) can be used in the same physical location", as a Veeam service provider how can I offer Standard features to some customers and Entreprise ones to others ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam 6 Ent & 7 Std working in the same infrastructure ?

Post by foggy »

jp34 wrote:If I add "S2" and "VM3" to my v7 Veeam infrastructure, current v6 services of "S2" and "VM3" will be upgraded to v7 ?
Correct.
jp34 wrote:can they still work with v6 jobs defined on my old server "S1" ?
No. "S1" server will not be able to work with those components after their upgrade.
jp34 wrote:PS: According license FAQ "only one edition (Standard, Enterprise, or Enterprise Plus) can be used in the same physical location", as a Veeam service provider how can I offer Standard features to some customers and Entreprise ones to others ?
Correct, you cannot have two different editions in one location. Do you give your customers access to Veeam B&R console so they can manage their backups themselves? Otherwise you could upgrade the Standard license and just limit the set of features provided by yourself.
jp34
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: JP

Post by jp34 »

So if I upgrade to Ent v7 and limit features by myself, I could declare x Std licenses and y Ent licenses to my Hosting Rental license provider ?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

No, I doubt you can do that. However you'd better contact your license provider for clarification regarding that. Thanks.
flavor4real
Expert
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: DS

[MERGED] Veeam Installation question

Post by flavor4real »

Is it possible to have two instances of Veeam B&R running on the same server, where one uses a enterprise license and the other a standard license?
Both licenses are purchased by different organizations that have nothing to do with each other but they are technically under our responsibility.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Not even it is technically impossible to run two Veeam B&R instances on the same server, but you are not allowed to use different product editions within the same physical location. However, you could use the higher tier edition and limit the set of features provided to those organizations.