Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Vovor
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David BACQUEZ

distant File Copy to a NAS

Post by Vovor »

Hi,

I have a little problem with file copy from a distant machine in my network to a NAS synology.

I want to save a folder in a distant PC. But when i create a job, i can't choose my CIFS repository. I try to create a Network drive on my Veeam "server", but the job failed with a "inccorect user logon " (error 1326).
When i dit it in 2 steps, it work : first job file copy from the distant server to the local veeam machine, and second job, just after the first one, file copy from local veeam to the shared folder (network drive).

How could i do to have only 1 job?

thank
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: distant File Copy to a NAS

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi David,
Vovor wrote: I try to create a Network drive on my Veeam "server", but the job failed with a "inccorect user logon " (error 1326).
Not sure I understand what you're referring to. Have you been able to add this NAS box to the backup console or you just mounted it as a network drive to the backup server? Can you choose it as a destination target?

Also, since there is an "incorrect user name" error, then I assume you have some kind of authentication on this NAS device?

Thanks!
Vovor
Novice

Post by Vovor »

no. When i create the FC's job, I don't have in the target list. Only network or Veeam machine.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

"Incorrect user logon " (error 1326).
Most likely, you've specified incorrect password or user while trying to add network drive to backup management server. Once everything is set correctly, you will be able to select this drive as a target for file copy job.

Thanks.
Vovor
Novice

Post by Vovor »

But when i do copy job, i only have : lan windows machines i've added, and "this computer or shared folder". And when i choose this one, i browse \\mynas\sav_folder but i don't have any repository and any logon task.

I've tried to add the NAS as a "server", but it's not a VM, not a H-V, not a SMB3, not a windows and not a linux.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

David, could you please clarify, you can select the CIFS share as a target if you create a file copy job from the local Veeam B&R server, but cannot select the same share if the source is on remote server?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Also, I'm wondering whether you were able to connect this share to the backup management server as network drive. If so, the network drive should be reflected under "this server" in the target settings of file copy job.

Thanks.
Vovor
Novice

Post by Vovor »

ok. i explain.

Use the NAS as a Backup repository, with CIFS type, all ok. But i can choose this one only for the VM's job (backup, replication, copy). Not for copy file's job.

On the local computer (windows 2012), I've connected the NAS \\ip_adress\save_folder as Z: drive

When i create a job from sources distant_host_name to the target : This computer or shared folder -> Z:\ , i have the error.
I notice during the job creation, it don't ask me any logon/password

When i create a first job between the distant_computer and a folder in Windows 2012, and secondary a job between the local folder and the Z:\ shared network folder, it work. But i don't want 2 job and no "temporary folder" on the local machine.

Am I more explicit?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Vovor wrote:Use the NAS as a Backup repository, with CIFS type, all ok. But i can choose this one only for the VM's job (backup, replication, copy). Not for copy file's job.
This is expected, you can select servers, not repositories in the file copy job.
Vovor wrote:When i create a first job between the distant_computer and a folder in Windows 2012, and secondary a job between the local folder and the Z:\ shared network folder, it work. But i don't want 2 job and no "temporary folder" on the local machine.
Seems that the remote server does not have access to the share, while in the second case you are copying locally and no additional access is required.
Vovor
Novice

Post by Vovor »

Vovor wrote:Seems that the remote server does not have access to the share, while in the second case you are copying locally and no additional access is required.
not exatly. In the second case, the copy go the the NAS.
But it's true, the remote server as no access to the share. The share is on the Veem server.
edit : not work. The remote server (the source) has access to the share.