Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
jscovill
Lurker
Liked: never

Infrastructure Overview (Visio) report

Post by jscovill »

When I generate a Visio drawing of my infrastructure the Configuration drawing only contains hosts and shape data for them at a Data Center level. There are no hosts drawn at the cluster level.

Is this by design? It's very inconsistent to draw host icons and populate shape data at one level but not do the same for the cluster level. Especially when you are allowed to specifically include hosts at the cluster level in the scope of the report/drawing.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Infrastructure Overview (Visio) report

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Can you please tell me if you are referring to the Index or VMware Configuration report? In the index report, hosts icons are indeed drawn using Data Center as a parent object, this is by design.

Can you please elaborate a bit more on what you would like to change and see in these reports?

Any feedback is highly appreciated!
jscovill
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by jscovill »

Neither the Index nor the VMWare Configuration report drawing contain any hosts below the cluster level. for instance, I have a Data Center which contains two ESXi hosts and three clusters. Each cluster contains multiple hosts. When I generate a drawing the two hosts at the Data Center level are drawn with configuration info in the shape data. And the clusters are drawn with configuration data ut no hosts are drawn in each of the clusters.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, I got it. Let me check with the dev team on a possibility of adding hosts that are part of the cluster to the diagram. Thanks!