RESTful knowledge exchange
SmithJohn
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: charles

api for inquiry

Post by SmithJohn »

Is there any API available to inquiry the snapshot images (with corresponding job id & nature, e.g. ad-hoc, schedule, etc.) under a VM, or similar functionality.

E.G. After getting the VM restore points, how to classify which restore points are belong to the which job( some restore points maybe belong to an ah-hoc job, some may belong to a monthly job )
SmithJohn
Enthusiast

Re: api for inquiry

Post by SmithJohn »

In other words, how to retrieve or sort vm restore points based on the job name but not only the vm name ?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

If you list backup/replication restore points, using (GET) /restorePoints API, there should be a backup reference ("BackupReference") that has name field. I believe that field can be used in order to distinguish restore points from one to the other.
<Link Rel="Up" Type="BackupReference" Href="http://localhost:9399/api/backups/afaf5 ... 4ea08c2934" Name="vLab Backup"/>
You can find more information in the corresponding User Guide (p.172).

Thanks.
SmithJohn
Enthusiast

Post by SmithJohn »

I could only find the restorepointreference through the get restorepoints api . Is this what you mean ?
And on page 172 of Veeam Enterprise restful API,I found that it is talking about ReplicaTaskSessions. Is there any other reference.
Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

This is the section I referred to.

As you can see, each restore point has a reference to the backup ("BackupReference"). Backup reference, in its turn, has a certain name ("Name"), using which it's possible to distinguish restore points - whether the given restore point belongs to the said backup or not.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.