Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
chadcook
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Chad Cook

How the hybrid incremental model works.

Post by chadcook »

Hi I've read the user guide and am interested in using the forward incremental method with "transform previous full backup chains into rollbacks" method checked.
I intend on using a 14 day on disk tension and take weeklys monthlys and yearly fulls on tape.

Can anyone confirm that this diagram is how the backups work? In particular does the Synth Full move daily like a reverse backup or does it remain a on a static day like a full.

foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: How the hybrid incremental model works.

Post by foggy »

Chad, this is exactly how the forward incremental mode with transformation enabled works. Synthetic full does not move daily, but stays static on the day it is created until being transformed on the next synthetic full day. Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: How the hybrid incremental model works.

Post by veremin »

chadcook wrote:I intend on using a 14 day on disk tension and take weeklys monthlys and yearly fulls on tape.
If you're after GFS tape rotation scheme, then, be aware that it is currently not present in the tape jobs. In order to achieve it, you can use certain workarounds – this one, or that one.

Thanks.