CHRISATTWOOD
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Attwood

Question surrounding Backup Job Historical Information

Post by CHRISATTWOOD »

Hello everyone

First Post here on the forums!

I have recently produced my first Backup Job Historical Information report and its great. However... I would like to present the report to our board and the number of "warnings" that come up periodically cause the graph to drop far to low.

I wouldn't mind so much if I could drill down to the warnings and explain in the report what they warnings are..

Is there a way to change the report to show failed or success and ignore warnings?

Or is there a way the report could detail information on the warnings?

Many thanks! :)

Chris Attwood
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Question surrounding Backup Job Historical Information

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Chris,

I don't believe there is a way to drill down to more detailed information in this report regarding warning/error messages, however can you please clarify what do you mean ignore warnings? You don't want these statuses to be accounted on the summary chart or something else?

Thank you!
CHRISATTWOOD
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Attwood

Post by CHRISATTWOOD »

Hi Vitaliy S.

Well, from my understanding the warning generally means the backup completed despite what ever the reason..

From a board report perspective im only really interested if the backup didn't run at all i.e Failed or perhaps was incomplete.

This way I can auto generate a report each month and just dump it in my board report.. at present like I said before.. showing the warnings makes the graph drop on certain days.. despite the backup actually completing..

See where im coming from?

It would be good also if it did show historical trends of failures/warnings.. this would be a great feature request! *hint hint* :)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Chris,

Thanks for clarifications! Yes, your understanding is correct, though warning messages for not having application-aware enabled backups of DC/Exchange VMs cannot be considered as a successful backup. As to seeing detailed information on the jobs status, then you can use "Latest Backup Job Status" report. Also for a quick and light-weight trend view of the VM backup status, you may also want to consider using "VM Backup Status" report.
CHRISATTWOOD wrote:It would be good also if it did show historical trends of failures/warnings.. this would be a great feature request! *hint hint* :)
Thanks for the feature request, much appreciated!