Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mstamp
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: mark

error in veeam

Post by mstamp »

I have a test box for veeam called Veeam. I have a backup server running backupexec called backup1. I am trying to do a backup to tape using the command line as per the article. http://ict-freak.nl/2009/08/20/veeam-ba ... ment-10733

however i am getting an error. possibly my command line statement is wrong. "\\backup1\d$\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\bemcmd.exe" -o01 -jveeam

i need to get this up and running before the weekend to fully test. Please help

Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: error in veeam

Post by Gostev »

What happens if you run this command line manually from command line on Veeam Backup server?
I think this won't work, and you need to install and run BackupExec locally.
mstamp
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: mark

Post by mstamp »

I am running the script locally on the server Veeam server. that is where i get the error. Backup1 is where the tape drive is attached. hence why i need to try get the script to work. I can't install Veeam on the same server at this point in time. any advice would be great!!!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Mark,

The command line won't work cause your Backup Exec and Veeam Backup and Replication are installed on different machines, if I were on your place probably I would do the following:

1. Trigger the script at post backup job option that creates the file in the shared folder on the Server where Veeam is installed

2. Then I'd also created a sript on the Backup Exec server that checks the presence of that file in the shared folder, you may schedule it to run every 5-10 minutes.

3. As soon as the file is created, it means that the job finished successfully, and then you may trigger your own script to run a BackupExec job to move all files to tape

Here are some examples of how to create the script that checks file presence: PowerShell and VBscript

Thank you!