Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
csanburn
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Sanburn

Replication jobs hang during VPN drop

Post by csanburn »

I was doing a replication job across a WAN VPN connection yesterday and about 5 hours in my VPN dropped for a minute and then came back up. Unfortunately Veeams replication job didn't recover from this. In fact it just hung there. I let it run for another 7 hours to see what happened but it was still stuck with the status of x% completed. The backup rate was being updated to smaller numbers.

I tried right clicking the job and choosing stop. Waited for an hour but it never ended. I was forced to reboot the server with Veeam Backup & Replication in order to get the status to show stopped.

Is this a known bug in version 4.0 of Veeam Backup & Replication? Any fixes or work arounds? Help!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Replication jobs hang during VPN drop

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Chris,

I've edited your post by removing the log file. As for the error you've experienced, as far as I got it right from the log, you should refer to our support team (support@veeam.com) to get the fix with SSH connection being dropped down, this fix will fail your job and remove the snapshot for your source VM in case you have any connectivity issue, after applying that fix you shouldn't see stalled jobs any longer. However, still please send us all the logs from Help|Support Information to investigate.

Thank you.
csanburn
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Sanburn

Post by csanburn »

The hotfix supplied by support works in regards to the jobs going to error status instead of hanging indefinitely.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Chris,

Yes, that's right, this fix should inform you when you've got the connectivity issue and fail the job.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Fixed in version 4.1