Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
damadhatter
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Chris A

Reporting question

Post by damadhatter »

I am new to Veeam and looking into the cloud provider program. I am curious which edition I should be looking at. From what I have read Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager is definitely what I want to manage my multiple customers backups under one hood. Is that something that would require a VPN tunnel at each of my backup sites to the main reporting server location? (likely a data center)

I can't seem to find the license for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager anywhere. Is that part of the B&R Enterprise/Enterprise Plus package or do you need to step up to the Veeam Backup Management Suite for this? From what I could tell the Management Suite added Veeam ONE (which I don't seem to care too much for at this moment) unless that's the replacement for the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. I am confused, clearly :?:
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Reporting question

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

damadhatter wrote:Is that something that would require a VPN tunnel at each of my backup sites to the main reporting server location? (likely a data center)
VPN is generally not required, however it is recommended as more more secure approach, especially when talking about your client's backup data going over Internet.
damadhatter wrote:I can't seem to find the license for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager anywhere. Is that part of the B&R Enterprise/Enterprise Plus package or do you need to step up to the Veeam Backup Management Suite for this?
Enterprise Manager is a part of the Veeam B&R (any edition) and does not require separate license.
damadhatter wrote: From what I could tell the Management Suite added Veeam ONE (which I don't seem to care too much for at this moment) unless that's the replacement for the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. I am confused, clearly :?:
Veeam ONE is a separate product (comprising Management Suite along with Veeam B&R) that provides advanced monitoring and reporting for your virtual environment (including backup infrastructure), as well as capacity planning and other features.
damadhatter
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Chris A

Post by damadhatter »

Thanks for all of the excellent answers

Being that reporting is my biggest concern do you know where I could find a comparison of the reporting of Veeam ONE vs the Enterprise Manager?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

As it stands from its name, Enterprise Manager is more like convenient management console, using which you can orchestrate the work of connected backup servers. It provides basis reporting capabilities.

If you're after advanced monitoring and reporting functionality for both virtual and backup inrastructure, then, Veeam ONE would the way to go. The description of reports and dashboards it provides can be found here.

Thanks.