Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bib_ak
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Older versions of VB&R

Post by bib_ak »

I often find it extremely annoying that it's so difficult to find/ask for older versions of VB&R... Why not add a "Download older versions" page? Company policy? If so, why? I mean, if I open a support ticket I get my file in the end, but this seems like a waste of time and resources for everyone?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Older versions of VB&R

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Can you please tell me why do you need older versions of Veeam B&R? Do you want to run it in parallel with the latest version?

Thank you!
bib_ak
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by bib_ak »

Most of the times, because customers doesn't have a valid support subscription, and are not entitled to a free upgrade, and for some reason need to reinstall VB&R, or move it to a different server. Other times, because Poweshell Snapin isn't installed - and the customer haven't kept the original installation files.

To look at it from a different angle - customers who paid for VB&R 4, 5, or 6 find it a little hard to understand that they can not download the product they paid for any more... Now, I always advice my customers to pay for a valid support subscription, but some of them keep the faith in buying a new license if a new release seems like a "must have" instead. That's really up to each and everyone to decide, right?

Are there any reasons for Veeam to keep older versions of B&R "hidden" that I don't know of?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I have passed this information to our management team, and will update this thread once I have any feedback from them. Thanks!