Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
scom2012
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Gavin Speed

Help ! High Volume Of Veeam MP Data

Post by scom2012 »

Hi...

We have the Veeam MP in our SCOM 2012 environment and over the last few days we are currently seeing huge amounts of discovery data being generated from 'Veeam Virtulization Extensions VMWare Library'

I've run the 'Data Volume by Management Pack' report in SCOM and it shows that just today from 00:00 to 9am 'Veeam Virtulization Extensions VMWare Library'
has generated 374578 of discovery data.... ?!!

In addtiona to that, we are seeing very high value of 'State Changes' particulary for 'Veeam Virtualization Extensions VMWare Monitoring' - for same period today it currently stands at 35975.

Has anyone got any suggestions where I could start...? Particulary with the huge amount of discovery data?

Thanks in advance...
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Help ! High Volume Of Veeam MP Data

Post by Alec King »

Hello Gavin,

The volume of discovery data relates to the size of your environment, of course.... but looking at those numbers I also agree, there is some issue here.

Possibly you have an unstable connection to VMware vCenter from one (or more) Veeam Collectors - or something in the VMware environment is unstable, such as Hosts or Storage constantly dis- and re- connecting. This could cause cyclic discover - undiscover - rediscover in SCOM and general 'discovery thrashing'.

I'd advise you open a case with our support team - they will gather all the data on your environment - and my team will also be ready to analyse your logs.

Thanks,
Alec