Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
beovax
Influencer
Liked: never

StoreOnce Restore from Replicated Share

Post by beovax »

We have a couple of StoreOnce devices that are taking care of the replication from site A to site B. My question is what is the method of restoring from the device in the replica site? As in Veeam Backup & Replication the repositories all point to the local copies where the backup was created. If I use the import method you have to select a windows server or proxy that the files are located on, as this device is standalone appliance it is not visible via the proxy in the remote site as you can only see local disks to the proxy. I can in the browse box type the path and import a backup from the device. What I would like to do is import the backup repository at the remote site and use this in the event of a failure at the primary site. Will this scenario require scripting to import the entire list of backups from the StoreOnce device? What is the recommendation for doing this.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: StoreOnce Restore from Replicated Share

Post by veremin »

Hi, how the said device is connected to backup console? As CIFS share? If so, in case of disaster (primary backup server goes down, for instance), you can add this appliance to secondary backup console as a repository and, then, rescan it. This way, the backup data stored on the given device will be populated and shown in the backup console.

Thanks.
beovax
Influencer

Post by beovax »

Do you need to add the license for Veeam from the Primary site to the DR site? What I would like to be able to do is use the Veeam powershell scripting to import the configuration backup and the jobs and repositories from the StoreOnce appliance. So in the event of a failure this is ready to go at the remote DR site I presume this is a fairly standard configuration if using datadomain appliances or CIF shares.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You can add the same license to the DR Veeam B&R instance as long as you are not backing up/replicating VMs residing on the hosts registered there.
beovax
Influencer

Post by beovax »

Ok thanks. So in terms of importing the backups. The issue I am facing is that the backups are all targeted to a CIF share on a device in the primary site. These jobs are then replicated to another device in the DR site. What is the simplest way of re-importing all the jobs onto the Veeam server in the DR site? As there is a separate virtual center and should be able to import the backups into Veeam at the remote site and restore for DR purposes fairly easily I would assume? The problem with importing doesn't seem to do multiple backups in one go from the repositories?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Just create new repository on the second Veeam B&R instance, where the backups reside, and rescan it.