Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
ehrnst
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Martin Ehrnst

Not showing - All jobs by backup servers

Post by ehrnst »

Hello,

I have some views in SCOM that is not showing any data. Under "Veeam Backup And Replication" "All jobs By backup server" is not showing. The same also goes for "Top Clusters, Top Hosts" etc under Veeam For VMWare. Have i missed something during installation? I installed the MP four days ago, so data should be collected by now.

Thank you
Martin
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Not showing - All jobs by backup servers

Post by sergey.g »

Hello Martin,

Could you tell us which version of SCOM you have? Early versions of SCOM 2012 (as well as early versions of SCOM 2012 R2) had issues with SCOM console, so it might be a good idea to install necessary service packs and/or rollup updates.

Try to restart the console. You can also try to launch a console with '/ClearCache' parameter.

Let us know if you still have this issue, we'll figure out what to do next.

Thanks.
ehrnst
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Martin Ehrnst

Post by ehrnst »

Hello Sergey,

ClearCache did the trick for "All Jobs by backup server" i see we have a lot of these alerts
VMwareTopologyDiscoveryVMContainers.js : Error Loading XML document C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam Virtualization Extensions for System Center\Collector\Log\OmTopology.xml - The following tags were not closed: omTopology, topologyNode.
Could this be the issue?

version 7.1.10226.0 (from get-scommanagementserver)

Edit: i see there is two rolloups available. Will try to install these and report
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

Glad to hear that console is operational. With respect to the error - I'm not sure (just don't have enough information) but we may be talking about overloaded VMware Collectors which are trying to monitor vsphere infrastructure of a very big size. If you have big virtual environment, I would recommend you to contact our Support team, so that they can analyze your configuration and virtual infrastructure and provide you with recommendations on how to improve performance of our Vmware Collectors.

You can contact our customer care team there: http://cp.veeam.com

Thanks.