Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
phillbl
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: phill

session failing Saving part of data to database failed.

Post by phillbl »

Hi,

i am trying to add a vcloud vcentre server to my veeam one installation but iget the following issues when trying to run the seesion to collect stats Saving part of data to database failed. See 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Veeam\Veeam ONE\SchedulingService.log' for details.

from checking the logs it looks like the follwoing is the issue:
INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_ObjectProperty_Object". The conflict occurred in database "VeeamOne", table "reporter.Object", column 'ID'

i am using sql 2012 enterprise. I have already got one vcentre server that is part of another vsphere installation that works with no issues. I am using 7.0 and i also tried updating to the latest version that supports 5.5 etc and still the same issues when trying to run the session to collect data. I As its not critical i have uninstalled and started from scratch and i still have the same issue. I also have a call logged with support but no luck so far and givin the time difference i seem to have with support we can only get a couple of hours looking at this so just thought i would put it here to see if anyone else has any suggestions.

i have 4 data collections:

data collection vcloud - works
data collection vmware vcentre server (cloud vcentre) - fails
data collection vmware vcentre server - works
data collection backup - works

http://www.veeam.com/kb1638 is for version 6 so does not apply.

i also get this error which maybe related EXCEPTION: Operation failed. The index entry of length 1292 bytes for the index 'IX_Object' exceeds the maximum length of 900 bytes.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: session failing Saving part of data to database failed.

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Phil,

Can you please tell me your support case number, so that I could take a look at the latest logs?

Thank you!
phillbl
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: phill

Re: session failing Saving part of data to database failed.

Post by phillbl »

hi, case number is 00529816

thanks