Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
northrundicandus
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Joe Ross

Question about Replication Failover and existing jobs

Post by northrundicandus »

I’ve got a customer replication job configured for 4 VMs that runs nightly. The customer has 3 of these replicas successfully active as a “Failover”.

According to the documentation if you select “Permanent Failover” then Veeam will add exceptions to these VMs in the replication original job so the VMs won't get corrupted, as well as remove them from the list of replicas. I can’t seem to manually add these exceptions though for the current “failover” mode VMs. What should I do in this situation? The 4th VM that is not in "Failover" mode is scheduled for replication tonight - along with the other 3 in Failover mode. If I mess with the replication job will it interfere with future permanent failover or failback?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Question about Replication Failover and existing jobs

Post by foggy »

Joe, actually, when the VM is in Failover state, its replication activities are put on hold, so you should be ok to run the job.
northrundicandus
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Joe Ross

Post by northrundicandus »

I just tried the job - we end up with errors for the running failover replicas. Is there a way to prevent the error flagging? This messes up our job monitoring.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Not sure you can suppress those. Anyway, this is just a temporary state of things, since you won't be running in failover state for too long. You would either finalize the failover making it permanent or undo failover.