Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
mr2nut123
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

WaitingTape

Post by mr2nut123 »

Case ID: 00534162

We have had a backup running just fine since install, but it has crept over two tapes as I had left some rather large manual VM backups within another virtual machine. We have cleared that now and are only backing up 1.2TB to 2.3TB tapes. Even if I now format the tapes, the backup completes, but then freezes with 'WaitingTape' like it requires a second tape, but the media pool is showing the tape as being half empty (as expected).

Is there a hotfix for this bug? I have seen a few others have this issue around November last year. We are on version 7.0.0.839.

Thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: WaitingTape

Post by Dima P. »

Hello,
Thank you for your post - please, continue to work with our support team in order to get this issue fixed.
mr2nut123
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by mr2nut123 »

d.popov wrote:Hello,
Thank you for your post - please, continue to work with our support team in order to get this issue fixed.
Perhaps is they would call back I would do. I logged a call with Anna WEEKS ago, I never got any call but rather just the same email from two engineers. I have sent my request days ago and was asked which tape drive I was using, but haven't heard back since.

When I try to call the support line, I just get music for a few minutes then an answer phone...
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Luke,
I understand you frustration and I’ve just sent email to our technical support team to review your case, so you would be contacted shortly. Meanwhile, if you are unhappy with your tech support representative, please, feel free to use “Talk to a Manager” option in customer’s portal.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience caused!