Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
randyf
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Randy Faggard

SureBackup Restore Issues

Post by randyf »

I am having a difficult time getting a SQL item recovery to work. When going through the SQL AIR Wizard, it ends up giving a "Connection Timeout Expired" error. Then if I click Ok and then Next to try again, I get a different error "...login is from an untrusted domain...". I've set up the Application group a few different ways (with a DC, without a DC, with one SQL server, 2-3 SQL servers), but always the same results. I have tested this with an AD AIR restore and have no issues. I do have a case with support already - 523518
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Re: SureBackup Restore Issues

Post by tdewin »

Basic test, but when running the SQL AIR wizard and the machine is booted, have you tried to Ping the machine or start an RDP session to the masqueraded IP address to see if it is reacting at all?

http://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/70/v ... ading.html
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Post by nefes »

"...login is from an untrusted domain..." is an SQL login problem, not Veeam one.
Easy workaround would be log into VM in SureBackup lab and enable SQL authentication there.
After that you can use SQL AIR with that SQL credentials.
randyf
Novice

Post by randyf »

tdewin... yes, I was able to rdp into the servers. I can only do it from my backup server though, and not from my desktop or from the production sql servers.

nefes... I don't think it's an issue. The "untrusted domain" problem only happens after I get the timeout error, and then immediately try again.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Are you able to connect to that SQL Server instance via SQL Management Studio using the same credentials?
randyf
Novice

Post by randyf »

I was able to get it to work, but I don't think this is how it's supposed to work...

If I open a console to the (isolated) servers in the SureBackup and log in, I can then run through the SQL item recovery wizard with no issues. If I log out, or don't log in at all, then I get the Connect Timeout Expired error
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hmm, probably your support engineer could shed a light on this behavior after reviewing the logs. I'm glad you could found this workaround, though.