Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bokinns
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Carlos Caberol

Changed Block Traking error

Post by bokinns »

Hi all,

I have changed the datastore of the VMs and when backup runs shows me this message:

Verifying changed block tracking... Disk "Hard disk 1" has incorrect changed block tracking configuration. One or more VM disks have incorrect changed block tracking configuration. To resolve this, open VMware vSphere Client, right-click the VM, choose Edit Settings, Options tab, select General, click Configuration Parameters, and set all entries with ‘ctkEnabled’ substring to false. Veeam Backup will then automatically re-enable changed block tracking with the correct settings during the next job run.

I've done the procedure in a testing VM and I want to know if this procedure may break or unconfigure the VM.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Changed Block Traking error

Post by Gostev »

No, this only affects changed block tracking functionality.
bokinns
Novice
Full Name: Carlos Caberol

Post by bokinns »

OK, thanks^^
kallex
Lurker
Full Name: Kalle Launiala

Post by kallex »

Hi!

The how-to worked for all but one of our Win 2008 R2 servers. The Exchange 2010 server that is running on Win 2008 R2 with 4 GB RAM assigned and 2 vCPUs repeatedly reports the same issue, even though both (and all) the lines about cbt are set to FALSE.

Br,

Kalle
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Kalle, OS or application versions do not matter here, as these settings related to VM configuration, and are present even when VM has no OS installed. Either you have missed some values in configuration, or you are using special disk types with this VM which are not supported by ESX changed block tracking. Feel free to contact our support if you want to nail this issue down.