Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
withanh
Veteran
Liked: never
Full Name: Darhl

Cannot see restore job under sessions

Post by withanh »

I just ran a restore job on a full VM (incl. registration) from a rollback point as a test. I gave the vm a new name (restore-oldvmname) and it restored just fine. When I go to look in sessions, I can see my backup jobs, clone jobs, and copy jobs, but cannot see the restore job.

Should I be able to see the restore job listed? Is there somewhere else I can look at to see the performance of the restore?

Thanks!

h
For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke's Fourth Law
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6722 times

Re: Cannot see restore job under sessions

Post by Gostev »

Restores are currently not implemented as jobs, so they cannot be seen in the sessions' history. But once the restore is completed, the restore status dialog remains open, so that you can lookup restore performance before dismissing it.

Thanks!
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

Shoot, I didn't realize that and had already closed the status dialog. Any chance of that getting added to the feature request list? Would be nice to be able to see file level restore info as well (if it's not already there).

Thanks!

h
For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke's Fourth Law
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6722 times

Post by Gostev »

Yep, this feature is in the pending features list already, it was requested a few times by now...
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

Cool, thanks for letting me know.