PowerShell script exchange
tkrajewski
Veeam Software
Liked: 42 times
Full Name: Tomasz Krajewski

Call for Powershell script

Post by tkrajewski »

Guys! As I am total PS noob, I call for help. We have project that we are required to integrate with storage vendor (HDS) reporting tool. ONE is out of question in this project unfortunately and HDS reporting tool has no plugin for our software. It can accept CSV file in certain format that has simple description of job states. I know that with PS we can output to CSV but need to give partner some simple example, and that's why I call for help. This is snippet from documentation:

Using the backup software, create a comma-separated file that contains the following data elements from the
backup/restore job(s). Note that each field must have an entry, even if it is a null entry within the commas. Field values cannot contain embedded commas. All string fields must be enclosed within single straight quotes.

Name Type Value
VendorName STRING The name of the backup application used to perform the backup, enclosed in single straight quotes
ClientName STRING The host name of the machine being backed up, enclosed in single straight quotes
ClientIPAddress NUMBER The IP address of the machine being backed up (otherwise use 'null'), enclosed in single straight quotes
VendorJobType STRING Valid values include: BACKUP or RESTORE—enclosed in single straight quotes
StartDateString DATE The start date and time of the backup job in the format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS (enclosed in single straight quotes)
FinishDateString DATE The end date and time of the backup job in the format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS (enclosed in single straight quotes)
BackupKilobytes NUMBER The numeric size of the backup in kilobytes (otherwise use 0). Remember StorageConsole uses 1024 for a KB.
NbrOfFiles NUMBER The number of files that were backed up (otherwise use 0).
MediaType STRING The type of media that was used: T for Tape or D for Disk, enclosed within single straight quotes.
VendorStatus NUMBER A numeric job status: 0=Successful, 1=Partially Successful, or 2=Failed.
VendorJobId NUMBER Vendor job ID.
VendorPolicyName STRING Vendor policy name.
JobLevel STRING Ex: Incremental, full.
TargetName STRING File system backed up by MBS.

Example output that is accepted by the system:

'Mainframe Backup','mainframe_name','10.10.10.10','BACKUP','2008-03-24 10:25:00', '2008- 03-24 11:50:00',3713,45221,'D',0,413824,'Retail_s01002030','Incremental','/I:/Shared/'

Does any of the PS gurus can help? I can certainly try to dig into this myself but time is a bit of issue here with this project

Thanks!
Tomasz
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Call for Powershell script

Post by veremin »

Hi, Tomasz,

Most of this information is, indeed, available via PS:

Code: Select all

$Job = Get-VbRjob -name "Name of your backup job"
$Job.Name #Name
$Job.id.guid #ID
$Job.ScheduleOptions.LatestRun #Latest run
$Job.ScheduleOptions.NextRun #Next run
$Job.info.targetdir #Target directory

$Backup =  Get-VBRBackup -NAME $Job.name 
$BackupSize = $Null
Foreach ($Storage in $Backup.GetStorages())
{
$BackupSize = $BackupSize + $Storage.Stats.BackupSize
}
$BackupSize/1mb #Backup Size
Thanks.
tkrajewski
Veeam Software
Liked: 42 times
Full Name: Tomasz Krajewski

Post by tkrajewski »

Thanks! That's a good start, from my research the most troublesome part would be formatting CSV in proper way, especially converting date format, I think in PS value returned depends on regional Windows settings. But I see that we have all information needed to feed this CSV.

Thanks!
Tomasz
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You can use the following trick in order to convert the datetime to the desired format:

$Job.ScheduleOptions.LatestRun.ToString('yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss')
Thanks.
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Post by tdewin »

You could make an array with custom objects then feed it to convertto-csv. You can use select-object to define the order of the objects

Add-PSSnapin VeeamPSSnapIn

$lines = @()
get-vbrjob | ? { $_.JobType -eq "Backup" } | % {
    $jobname = $_.name
    $Backups =  Get-VBRBackup -name $jobname 
    [long]$BackupSize = 0
    Foreach ($Backup in $Backups) {
     Foreach ($Storage in $Backup.GetStorages())
     {
         $BackupSize = $BackupSize + $Storage.Stats.BackupSize
     }
    }
    [long]$BackupSize /= (1024*1024)

$lines += New-Object -TypeName PSObject -Property @{ Job=$jobname;BackupSize=$BackupSize }

}
$lines | select-object Job,BackupSize | ConvertTo-Csv -Delimiter "," -NoTypeInformation