Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
harishts
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Harish

CLUSTER UPTIME

Post by harishts »

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how can i get cluster uptime report ? Basically i want to generate a monthly report to show that the infrastructure was up for so and so time. Is it possible using Veeam One ? I know there is host uptime, but i reboot host or vmotion VMs between hosts, so the value is not accurate. Can anyone help me ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: CLUSTER UPTIME

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Harish,

We have a VM uptime by Cluster view on the Trends dashboard as well VM Uptime report as you have correctly noticed. vMotioning VM should not mess up the figures in the VM uptime report. Can you please tell me what version of Veeam ONE are you at? As far as I remember there were a couple of private hotfixes for this very report.

On a side note, do you want to see a report that will show average uptime of all hosts in the cluster? Did I get it correctly?

Thank you!
harishts
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Harish

Post by harishts »

Hi Vitaliy,
Thanks for the reply. I am running Veeam One 7.0.0.919. I remember installing patch 1. Please do send me the links if I need to install more patches. The main requirement is to show cluster uptime. I am not particularly interested in Host uptime because i might reboot/change/remove hosts from the cluster from time to time.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, you are already on the latest version. Can you please tell me how would calculate the uptime of the cluster? Do you account all host that are part of the cluster or at least one should be up and running to have 100% of uptime for cluster?