Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
marky
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mark Coleman

Remote management

Post by marky »

Just wondering if I install Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager 7 on a different server, will this enable me to remote manage Veeam if I point the SQL to our Veeam Server DB?

I have read there's no remote management facility but thought I'd ask

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Remote management

Post by foggy »

Mark, there's no such a requirement to install Enterprise Manager on the same server where Veeam B&R is installed. Moreover, their DBs also can reside on different SQL instances. No issues with such a distributed setup.
marky
Enthusiast

Post by marky »

foggy wrote:Mark, there's no such a requirement to install Enterprise Manager on the same server where Veeam B&R is installed. Moreover, their DBs also can reside on different SQL instances. No issues with such a distributed setup.
Foggy, think you might have misinterpreted me. I have veeam installed on a physical and want to remote manage the app without RDP'ing to it all the time.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Sorry for getting you wrong. Yes, Enterprise Manager allows to perform some backup and replication tasks on Veeam B&R remotely.
marky
Enthusiast

Post by marky »

foggy wrote:Sorry for getting you wrong. Yes, Enterprise Manager allows to perform some backup and replication tasks on Veeam B&R remotely.
So just point the SQL portion to the database on the production server?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

You can either use any existing SQL Server instance or install a new one as a part of Enterprise Manager installation. Then just add the Veeam B&R management server to Enterprise Manager console to collect information about its jobs and backups and you're good to go.