Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Feature request

Post by frankive »

If this is the wrong place to post a feature request, I am sorry for this. Please move my post to the desired topic.

What I would like to see in a future edition is the ability to start the "add repository" wizard during creation of a backup copy job. Too often I start to create a backup copy job and in the middle when I am suppose to choose the repository I always go "Ahh, need to cancel again and the repository FIRST..." :D

In firewall and objectoriented interfaces I always have the opptorunity to create the object I could use in the window where I am located. I know actually think you already have this when I try to add a proxy first, that the add server wizard pops up first if I remember things right so early in the morning.

Anyway, just a little request if you want to keep a developer busy during the summer.. :D
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature request

Post by foggy »

Frank, thanks for the feedback. Sounds reasonable.
dellock6
Veeam Software
Liked: 1928 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

Maybe we can change the request in something more general, like the ability to have "floating" wizards that can be reduced to icons, so in the GUI you can leave them open while you interact with other sections of the GUI.

Luca.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Post by frankive »

The same goes for a possibility to add the wan accelerator when we configure the backup copy job. I always just goes to add backup copy job and have to cancel when i comes to the option to the use the wan accelerator.. :)