Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Steve Hummel
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Steve Hummel

Feature request

Post by Steve Hummel »

I have a very simple request.
I would like jobs that include a Synthetic Full to have an identifier in the job listing (as it is running and in the report). This should be just like a Full job with the (Full) identifier, except it should say something like (Synth).

Thanks,
Steve Hummel
Steve Hummel
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature request

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your feedback, but can you please clarify why do you need this indication?

Thank you!
Steve Hummel
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Steve Hummel

Post by Steve Hummel »

Sure, I would like this feature added so that, like the full backup identifier, I can easily tell which type of backup is running and how long it is going to take to finish. It would also allow me to identify the synthetic backups in the backup report for a VM. I like to keep track of how long an incremental, reverse incremental, full, or synthetic full backup takes to run for planning purposes and baselining.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve Hummel
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Also, there is a script that check whether latest session was a synthetic full backup; might be helpful for you. Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Thanks for that! Also be aware that if you want to do base-lining or build some trends on your backup jobs, you may want to consider using Veeam ONE which has a rich set of backup reports, including backup job historical information and capacity planning for backup repositories.