Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
LenChaney
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Len Chaney

Expanding into the non-VMWare cloud

Post by LenChaney »

I have been using Veeam backup for several years and am very happy with it. I especially like the support with visiting VMUGs, podcasts, Friday Whiteboards, and others. This really helps me live in a Veeam world and know the software.

Right now, we are expanding into the cloud and I need a backup solution. The hypervisor at our cloud hosting environment is KVM/Red Hat and we do NOT have hypervisor access there. We do have a VPN tunnel for administrative and deployment tasks to our cloud environment and I can setup virtual networks as necessary.

Is there any way I can leverage our current local Veeam backup solution to backup the servers we have in the cloud.

Thanks,

Len
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Re: Expanding into the non-VMWare cloud

Post by Gostev »

Hi Len, not at this time. Besides, the only way to backup a VM without host access is from inside, so classical agent-based backup for physical servers would be required here. Thanks!
LenChaney
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Len Chaney

Post by LenChaney »

Thanks for the reply. I figured that I'll have to go for a traditional agent based. I just don't want to implement something else from another vendor if I don't have to do so. I just got them to drop Symantec a short time ago. They'll probably want to use Symantec again.

Thanks,

Len
dayala
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dennis Ayala

Post by dayala »

LenChaney wrote:Thanks for the reply. I figured that I'll have to go for a traditional agent based. I just don't want to implement something else from another vendor if I don't have to do so. I just got them to drop Symantec a short time ago. They'll probably want to use Symantec again.

Thanks,

Len
Len,

Contact me at dayala@qsipr.com, we can help.

Dennis Ayala
Director of Technology
QSI Clouds
http://www.qsiclouds.com