Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
BenG
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben Grantham

Alarm Suppression during Backups not working.

Post by BenG »

G'day All,
We are running VeeamOne v 7.0.0.839 and have integrated it with our Veeam B&R and the system is working really well.
Overnight we have various jobs running that result in increased VMHBA Read Latency and alarms are triggered as a result.

However if we choose the various Alarms that the suppression does not work in the modelling either?
If I change the Alarm threshold, it will change the number of alerts, but not if I change the Suppression values.

I have verified that the backup is in progress when the alert is triggered and when it is emailed.
Is there another setting we need to enable to get this functionality?

Rgds Ben
1300PHASE42
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Alarm Suppression during Backups not working.

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Ben,
BenG wrote:However if we choose the various Alarms that the suppression does not work in the modelling either?
Suppression periods might not be accounted in modelling engine, but I can double-check.
BenG wrote:I have verified that the backup is in progress when the alert is triggered and when it is emailed.
Is there another setting we need to enable to get this functionality?
What kind of suppress options do you use? Do you suppress your alarms by a time period?

Thanks!
BenG
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben Grantham

Post by BenG »

G'day Vitaly,
My apologies for the delayed reply, I did not get a notification from the forums.....
What kind of suppress options do you use? Do you suppress your alarms by a time period?
I think time period does work, but that's not so useful for us in a 24x7 operation.... Will try and check that tonight.

But I have chosen both options for during Snapshotting and Backup and these seem to be ignored.

Rgds Ben
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Let me follow up this question (alarm suppression on backup activities) with our dev team.