Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
myuser
Novice
Liked: never

Alarm is not working when Script has been added to Action

Post by myuser »

Hi,

when I create an alarm the alarm is displayed properly when the defined rules are valid. But after I add a action to that alarm (run a script that is working properly when started from command line) the Alarm is not shown anymore.

When I remove the action the alarm is reported properly again.

Is there any further step that has to be done when I add an action to an alarm?

For Information: I´m running the latest Version of Free Veeam Monitoring on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Machine with a MS SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition. The VC is 2.5 U5.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Alarm is not working when Script has been added to Action

Post by Gostev »

Hello, from your description it sounds like there are some issues due to the specific command line you are using for the alarm action. You can try researching the product's debug log files to see what is causing this. Typically in such cases we ask to open support case so that our devs could research the logs as well as your command line to suggest the resolution, but technical support is only available for full version of the product.
myuser
Novice

Post by myuser »

Hi Gostev,

thanks for your reply. That happens with every command I add to the alarm. Ok I will check the debug log file to see If I can find a hint.
myuser
Novice

Post by myuser »

Ok, I checked the Debug Log. That is what I found:

01/11/10 16:47:14 Error 0x10E0 alarms "The parameter is incorrect. (Code: 0x80070057, Source: (null), Description: (null))"

I also added a very simple script to the alarm: ping.bat (ping 192.168.0.1).

I can find the same error in the debug log when I use the very simple script. I also reinstalled Veeam Monitor in the past to solve the problem.

In the line Value I added the absolute path to the script with the script name. For Example: D:\VeeamSMS\ping.bat or the real Script I would like to use:

perl D:\VeeamSMS\eventveeam.pl "VMwareMonitoring" "012346MOBILEphone" "%1%3%5"

Or do I have to add the script to a special path so I must pass only the relative path?