Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Dave-Departed
Expert
Liked: 6 times

WAN Accelerator cache size past the limit?? [00560026]

Post by Dave-Departed »

Hi All,

I seem to remember coming across this before, but I can't find anything in search...

We have 2 x WAN accelerators at our main site, and 1 x WAN accelerator at our offsite location.

In the offsite location, the WAN accelerator cache size is set to 199GB. It sits on what was, until yesterday, a 400GB volume, and has done for about 6 months. We then received a disk space notification for said volume, and noticed it only had 5GB left.

I've had to increase the volume to 500GB and it's already growing into that (currently 78GB left free). We don't really want it to grow anymore as the maximum possible size of the volume is 520GB.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening please?

Thanks
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Re: WAN Accelerator cache size past the limit?? [00560026]

Post by tdewin »

Did you take in consideration:
Disk Space: Global cache size as defined by user, plus 20GB per each 1TB of source VM data.
http://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/70/v ... ments.html

Also notice that if you pair multiple wan accelerators with 1 wan accelerator target, a cache will be created "per pair". So if they are both connected to the offsite location you should see 2x200 GB + the additional data described above for meta data
http://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/70/v ... _many.html
Dave-Departed
Expert
Liked: 6 times

Post by Dave-Departed »

Hi tdewin,

Yes, those were taken into account. The size has been static for 6 months now, though. I guess we did add 2 or 3 new VMs to backup copy jobs recently, but they are nowhere near big enough in size to warrant such growth in the WAN accelerator cache?

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

I would not expect 2 or 3 new VMs to have such a significant impact. Looks like some kind of bug to me...