Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
schaffeb
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben S

4.1 Multi-OS FLR Wizard Issues

Post by schaffeb »

My setup is Windows 2008 R2 with Veeam 4.1

I have a backup of a Linux system with a directory which contains 4000 other directories. When I click on the top level directory that contains the 4000 directories I experience the following issues:

1. The gui reports a "Call execution timeout"
2. If I click it again, I can then see the 4000 directories, but can't navigate any deeper

Is there anyway to increase the timeout value to something greater?

Another issue is that I cannot start the FLR appliance twice. If I exit it and then try to start it up again I get the error:

"The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Veeam\Backup.Live\livecd.vmx' because it is being used by another process"

It works fine if I reboot and try again.

BTW the FLR seems to work much better overall in 4.1. No problems with VMware player 3. In 4.0 the appliance was set to bridged networking mode, which was a huge potential security risk. Now it is set to NAT. Thanks for the fix!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: 4.1 Multi-OS FLR Wizard Issues

Post by Gostev »

Yes, we did change Linux FLR in 4.1 to NAT (by default) based on feedback on 4.0.

Yes, you can customize the timeout - change this key to another value (default is 100000ms) and restart the service.

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VeeaM\Veeam Backup and FastSCP
MaxPerlSoapOperationTimeout
DWORD
There is also FTP workaroun available if the above does not help, however, this one requires switching to the system back to the bridged mode.
schaffeb
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben S

Re: 4.1 Multi-OS FLR Wizard Issues

Post by schaffeb »

Gostev,

Thank you, the reg key works quite well.

As a side note, there is no need to set the VM appliance to bridged mode to extract files off of it. After the appliance starts up, you can use a scp client, such as winscp, to copy files off. Just type in the local address that is displayed in the appliance window.