PowerShell script exchange
romura
Influencer
Liked: never

Daily Backup Report

Post by romura »

Is there any way to provide a daily detailed backup report of each VM using powershell? I like the reports that spit out after every job but I need that consolidated into one report that's emailed daily. I've searched these forums and tried some of the powershell examples but no luck. Maybe it's because I'm on VBR 7 and most of the scripts were made for v6 and below?

Any help or examples would be appreciated.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Daily Backup Report

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi romura,

Let's wait what our PowerShell guru can offer you, meanwhile if you need this info right now, you may want to take a look at predefined backup reports in Veeam ONE.

Thanks!
soehl
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Sebastian

Post by soehl »

What do you need exactly?! All the informations from the normal emails or just a list with the backuped vms?!

This little code snippet generates a CSV-file on Desktop, with all backup sessions in the last 24 hours.
Maybe it is a good starting point:

Code: Select all

if ((Get-PSSnapin -Name VeeamPSSnapIn -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue) -eq $null) {Add-PsSnapin VeeamPSSnapIn}

$outputfile = "$env:UserProfile\Desktop\backupedvms.csv"

$vbrsessions = Get-VBRBackupSession | Where-Object {$_.JobType -eq "Backup" -and $_.EndTime -ge (Get-Date).addhours(-24)}
$backupedvms = foreach ($session in $vbrsessions) {$session.gettasksessions()| Select Name, Status, Jobname } 
$setarray = @("Name", "Status", "JobName")
$backupedvms | Select-Object -Property $setarray | Export-CSV -Encoding "UTF8" -NoTypeInformation $outputfile
best regards
romura
Influencer

Post by romura »

Thank you Soehl! This would be a good starting point.

It would be nice to get all the information from the normal emails with backup sizes, times, etc. all together in one. We have a lot of backup jobs so the normal emails would just be a lot of SPAM to other admins and management that get it.
romura
Influencer

Post by romura »

Sorry, I got this to work and it's pretty awesome!
http://forums.veeam.com/powershell-f26/ ... 13422.html
Gav@GH
Influencer
Liked: 15 times

Post by Gav@GH »

Glad you liked it! I randomly jumped on the forum tonight looking for a few ideas for something else I'm working and saw your post. Let me know if you have any questions, tips or bug fixes.