Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
hollow
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Johnson Ng

Veeam Essentials Licensing question

Post by hollow »

Veeam Backup Essentials™ is Veeam® Backup & Replication™ especially packaged and priced for small businesses (approx. fewer than 250 employees), with a savings of 33% or more. It provides exactly the same functionality as Veeam Backup & Replication and is available in the same licensing editions: Standard, Enterprise and Enterprise Plus, depending on the functionality. It is only available for virtual environments with 2, 4 or 6 CPU sockets.
Extracted from http://www.veeam.com/smb-vmware-hyper-v-essentials.html

I am in a retail company with backend staffs (office workers) less than 250.
Including front end staffs (namely, staffs facing the customers at many different shops), my company has more than 250 staffs.

In terms of Virtual environments, we have only 2 hyper V host (1 CPU processor each).

Is my company eligible to purchase Veeam Essentials Standard and not violate the licensing?

Thanks in advance.
lp@albersdruck.de
Enthusiast
Liked: 33 times
Full Name: Lars Pisanec

Re: Veeam Essentials Licensing question

Post by lp@albersdruck.de »

As far as I know, Essentials license is only limited by the number of CPU sockets.
I'd say that the 250 employees number is just an example of what a typical small business would be like if all employees would be using some kind of client PC connected to servers that Veeam would be used to backup.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam Essentials Licensing question

Post by foggy »

Correct, this is an estimate and does not affect your eligibility to purchase this or that license. As long as you are under the 6 sockets limit, you're ok to buy Essentials.