Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
wgelhar
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Wallace Gelhar

Veeam Backup Reports

Post by wgelhar »

We are in the process of evalutating Veeam ONE primarily to report on our Veeam Backups. I am running into several deficiencies in the current reports and would like some advice as to how to proceed.

1. "Backup Job Historical Information" - We would like to schedule this report to send to our backup administrator on a weekly basis to show stats on the backup jobs for the previous day or week. The relative date parameters on this report only give two options; current week or current month. This doesn't make sense for a "historical" report. I would like to see a parameter that gives me a relative x number of previous days. Also, it would make sense to have some kind of sort order on this report such as by job name. It would be great if the tape backup jobs could be included in this report as well.

2. "Tape Backup" - This report has no parameters. Currently we run to tape monthly for an offsite archive for 7 years. We would like a report that we could run that shows the backup jobs and restore points on the media sets we are sending offsite in that month.

Wally Gelhar
City-County IT Commission serving Marathon County, City of Wausau and North Central Health Care
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Backup Reports

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Wally,

1. If you want to get data on the previous week, then you can schedule this report on Sunday and get data for the entire week. The same refers to current month parameter, you can generate it at the last day of the month and then get all data you need. Thanks for the feedback on the sorting and tape jobs, I will pass this info to the dev team.
2. This report shows only current information you have in the catalog. If I got you right, you would like to do historical reporting on the tape jobs?

Thank you!