Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ti.producao
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: SoftwareExpressInformatica

FLR fails in BEM after changed repository

Post by ti.producao »

[Problem]
One of my repositories was getting full, so i think to migrate "Backup Files" (.vbk and .vib) to another "Backup Repository".
After changed backup files to other repository "File Level Restore" fails in Enterprise Manager :twisted: , but backup job works fine.
I had followed the KB1729, but this KB only works if target repository does not exist in your environment

[Solution]
1 - Cut Backup Files to other Repository that you want (all VM directory).
2 - Open VBR and over new Repository, "RESCAN Repository" (can take a few minutes)
3 - Open "Properties" of new Repository and at "Review" tab select "Importing Existing Backups automatically" and "Import guest file index". (this step is very important)
4 - Edit Job at "Storage" tab select new Backup Repository and click "Map Backup" to directory of your VM.
5 - Ok NOW!

Test your backup job and FLR (after and before points) in Veeam Enterprise Manager, this procedure worked for me. :D
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: FLR fails in BEM after changed repository

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Thanks for spending your time to post your experience with repository location change, much appreciated. On a side note, next time you may want to use VM Change Rate Estimation and Capacity planning for backup repository reports in Veeam ONE to size your repositories in advance.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: FLR fails in BEM after changed repository

Post by foggy »

I also believe that step 2 is not necessary in this procedure.