Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
IT_Vision
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

File Copy Job Performace

Post by IT_Vision »

Greetings,

I am utilizing the File Copy option to copy our VMware Template out to various locations. This option has worked out great, however jobs that use to take 1hr 19min to remote sites are now taking over 18hrs. Jobs would report a processing rate of 5MB/s or even higher, now they are reporting 800KB/s.

Nothing on the network side of things have changed, so not sure what is causing these jobs to perform this way now. A standard Windows file copy (copy/paste) to the same location seems to provide decent results.

Any thoughts or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

VERSION: Veeam B&R 7.0 - 7.0.0.839

Cheers
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: File Copy Job Performace

Post by foggy »

Were there probably any recent changes to the Veeam B&R infrastructure? Are both source and destination servers added to the Veeam B&R console?
IT_Vision
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by IT_Vision »

Hi Foggy,

Thank you for the response. Since I am doing a file copy job I am selecting the Source ESX host and Datastore and the destination host Datastore. I am now wondering if I can just utilize the VM Copy job and select the template itself vs using a file copy job.

Thoughts?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Yes, you can select a VM template as a source for VM copy job and destination datastore as target. This way, all files belonging to that VM will be copied to the target datastore. Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

IT_Vision wrote:Since I am doing a file copy job I am selecting the Source ESX host and Datastore and the destination host Datastore.
Then I'm a bit confused by the "standard Windows file copy (copy/paste)" mentioned above.

Anyway, logs review will most likely tell the reason of the slow down.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

I also recommend that you copy the log archive from times when you did not have the performance issue aside, before it gets automatically deleted by log retention. Having another log to look at for comparison will help our support engineers tremendously to determine what has changed in your environment.