Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
MCollis
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Martyn Collis

Hyper-V node failover

Post by MCollis »

Is it possible to configure Veeam ONE to alert me if one of the virtual machines fails from one host to another inside my cluster?

Whilst this happening in itself is not an issue, I would like to know when it happens so that I can look for any reasons that may cause the host failover.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Hyper-V node failover

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Martyn,

Do you see any events on this operation in Veeam ONE Monitor client on the top node/cluster?

Thank you!
MCollis
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Martyn Collis

Post by MCollis »

I've not yet seen this occur as the monitor has only been running a few hours, however this is something that we would like, a notification to indicate node failover.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Let me check with the QC team if we capture this event. If it is already captured, then you can create your own alarm and add this Windows Event as a trigger to the alert.

On a side note, if you have a connection issue to the Hyper-V node, then it should be reflected in the GUI of Monitor Client.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

BTW, we have a predefined alarm about Hyper-V Cluster node connectivity error, so you will receive the alarm notification if one of nodes loses its network connection.