Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
S.Net
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: S.Net

Veeam MP v7 Beta

Post by S.Net »

Guys, I'm working with MP v7 but I found two issues:

- many views are not populated
- some views requires Enterprise Plus license....and this is very strange because the Preview is a full-features (and because I can see the license available)

thanks
S
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Veeam MP v7 Beta

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

Have you installed our Veeam Virtualization Extensions Management Service? Our MP won't work without a valid license which should be installed by management service setup. Run setup, specify a valid license, and after that our MP will be able to discover and display information about your Hyper-V infrastructure.

Please, let me know if running setup fixed the discovery issue.

And thank you very much for your interest in our new Hyper-V Management Pack.
S.Net
Enthusiast

Post by S.Net »

License is loaded because I can see it from SCOM console and the service is running.

Thanks
S
sergey.g
Veteran

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

Could you check in our virtualization extensions web UI that all Hyper-V servers are discovered? And if it cannot see any hyper-v servers, could you try to do a rediscover, by clicking on the corresponding button in the UI? Sometimes because of missed discovery intervals virtualization extensions service have to wait another cycle to re-discover hyper-v hosts, we are currently doing as much as we can to fix this for the release and streamline the first initialization process.

Try also to restart the SCOM management service on both Hyper-V and virtualization extensions server, I would also restart the management service itself to make sure it processed all newly discovered hyper-v servers.

Once again, thank you very much for your interest in our Beta, your feedback is priceless and I can assure you that we are doing as much as we can to make it better in the release.
S.Net
Enthusiast

Post by S.Net »

I can see the hosts and few views are available but there are many issues:

- as I said Cluster Capacity Forecast and Storage Capacity Forecast requires Enterprise Plus license
- VMs by Dynamic Memory, like all Virtual Machines folder's object, are empty

S
sergey.g
Veteran

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

Is it possible that you have other version of our virtualization extensions management service running in your SCOM managment group? I'm afraid that this is a Beta limitation - you have to run it in a separate SCOM management group if you have previous Veeam MP verisons.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Thanks.
S.Net
Enthusiast

Post by S.Net »

uuhhhh....yes...i've MP 6.5 on another VM but the infrastructure is the same.

just one thing that I don't love of this beta: I must use a MS to deploy VEMS...not good
S.Net
Enthusiast

Post by S.Net »

S.Net wrote:uuhhhh....yes...i've MP 6.5 on another VM but the infrastructure is the same.

just one thing that I don't love of this beta: I must use a MS to deploy VEMS...not good
the v7 create some problems to v6.5? Because many dashboards are empty (of v6.5)
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Hi,

There are some known issues with the Microsoft Dashboard framework, causing views to be empty. It's not a Veeam MP bug....but because we use such advanced dashboards, the Veeam MP might be where you see this bug first!

I've posted about the fixes and workarounds here - http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-managemen ... 22056.html

Hope that helps, and thanks for using our MP! Please keep the feedback coming :)
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software
S.Net
Enthusiast

Post by S.Net »

Alec King wrote:Hi,

There are some known issues with the Microsoft Dashboard framework, causing views to be empty. It's not a Veeam MP bug....but because we use such advanced dashboards, the Veeam MP might be where you see this bug first!

I've posted about the fixes and workarounds here - http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-managemen ... 22056.html

Hope that helps, and thanks for using our MP! Please keep the feedback coming :)
sorry.....I lost my console configuration but some dashboards are always empty...

another question: there's a way to have a view like vOperations Capacity Planning?
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Hi,

Apologies for delay! We do have multiple Capacity Planning reports, and dashboard widgets too....can you share more details of what you are looking for as a Capacity Planning view?