Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
joshuatownsend
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Josh Townsend

AWS Import

Post by joshuatownsend »

Am I losing my mind? I am setting up a new Cloud Backup job and am using the AWS Import option for the initial seed. I set up the job parameters and fill in the return address for the drive, but when I click next on the Return Address screen I get an error 'Please specify notificationEmail in the manifest'. I don't see anywhere to enter an email address... what am I missing?

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: AWS Import

Post by veremin »

Hi, Josh,

Are you, probably, shipping device to the US from Non-US address? If so, please tick the corresponding option in the bottom of the "Return Address" page ("When shipping") and proceed to filling U.S. Customs fields. Once those are specified, you will be able to finish AWS import job creation.

Thanks.
ramjbrown
Lurker
Full Name: Justin Brown

Post by ramjbrown »

v.Eremin wrote:Hi, Josh,

Are you, probably, shipping device to the US from Non-US address? If so, please tick the corresponding option in the bottom of the "Return Address" page ("When shipping") and proceed to filling U.S. Customs fields. Once those are specified, you will be able to finish AWS import job creation.

Thanks.
I'm shipping within the US and I'm getting the same error message. I've also tried "USA", "United States", and "United States of America" as my country.
The U.S. Customs Manifest does not have a field for an email address. I decided to try entering an email address into both of the text fields provided on the customs manifest however the error still persists.
Veeam Cloud version: 3.5.2.62
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Justin,

I have just talked to our dev team and it appears to be known behavior due to the fact the Amazon has recently made email address field mandatory when you try to import something to AWS. As far as I know our support team has a workaround for this issue, so please contact them directly, and let me your case number, so I could follow up with your engineer if needed.

Thanks!
ramjbrown
Lurker
Full Name: Justin Brown

Post by ramjbrown »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hi Justin,

I have just talked to our dev team and it appears to be known behavior due to the fact the Amazon has recently made email address field mandatory when you try to import something to AWS. As far as I know our support team has a workaround for this issue, so please contact them directly, and let me your case number, so I could follow up with your engineer if needed.

Thanks!
Case number is "00577733".

The support team said this is scheduled to be fixed in Version 8 release.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hmm... let me raise this question internally once again. Thanks!