Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Someblood
Influencer
Liked: never

Veeam VSSFREEZER

Post by Someblood »

Hello,

I have some problems when I replicated my Domain Controler with veeam B&R 4.1.
This Domain Controler (2003R2 SP2 X86, virtual machine 7 on ESX 4U1) is a filer with DFS technology.

I have this warning:

Creating snapshot VSSFreezer: -2147024773 Backup job failed. Discovery phase failed. Cannot enumerate volumes that should be added to the snapshot set. Cannot enumerate volumes that contain components specified by the processed writer. Writer name: [DFS Replication service writer], class ID: [{2707761b-2324-473d-88eb-eb007a359533}]. instance ID: [{f59d1e6e-10d0-4aa6-87ad-f5f45b0a5dfd}]. Cannot obtain a volume mount point for the volume that contains the specified file. File path: [D:\ccia\Fo\Utilisateurs\A1 ALTERNANCE\Contrats de qualif passés\BTS Action Co 2001-2003\CONVENTION ENTREPRISE\Con. form. Biojon.doc]. Cannot retrieve the volume mount point where the specified path is mounted. File path: [%1]. Win32 error:Syntaxe du nom de fichier, de répertoire ou de volume incorrecte. Code: 123

Could you help me please.

Sorry for my English, I'm a French user.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Veeam VSSFREEZER

Post by Gostev »

Hello, please try to execute the following command on the VM, and see if the output contains any errors or issues:

Code: Select all

vssadmin list writers
Someblood
Influencer

Post by Someblood »

Hello,

I solved my problem.
But I have a new worry on my virtual machine.

Creating snapshot
VSSFreezer: Failed to prepare guest, wait timeout 700 sec

Thanks for help
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello, please refer to this topic for the resolution: Failed to prepare guest, wait timeout 600 sec. Thank you!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Question 1:
Are you using Veeam VSS, or you don't have this option checked (which effectively means that VMware Tools quiescence is used instead)?

Question 2:
Are you trying to backup/replicate VM containing Veeam Backup server, or your vCenter server, or their SQL database?
Someblood
Influencer

Post by Someblood »

Question 1:

Yes, I use veeam VSS for this Virtual Mchine.

Question 2:

No , Im trying to Backup a Windows 2003EER2SP2 Domain Controler with DFS. This Domain controler have many I/O cause of real time DFS replication.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

OK, in that case I think the link Vitaly posted should help.
George@TAN
Novice
Full Name: George E Florian

Post by George@TAN »

Gostev wrote:Question 1:
Are you using Veeam VSS, or you don't have this option checked (which effectively means that VMware Tools quiescence is used instead)?

Question 2:
Are you trying to backup/replicate VM containing Veeam Backup server, or your vCenter server, or their SQL database?
I am having the same issue when I backup my vCenter. I assume there was a reason you asked that so could you perhaps enlighten me on any issues?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Yes, you cannot backup vCenter using backup job defined through the same vCenter, as frozen vCenter cannot process API requests. There are a few existing discussions about this issue explaining possible workaround, please search for the error to find those.