Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
MartinH
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Martin Hodgson

Performance Reports

Post by MartinH »

Hi....I have just started using the Management Pack for Vmware and I'm confused about some of the reports - specifically VEEAM Vmware performance history reports. When I choose, for example, Virtual Machines Memory performance report the counters listed by default to report on are % memory used, % page file used, memory consumed MB, and pages\sec and they are all ticked by default. Bur when the report is run only memory Consumed MB is reported on. There must be a simple reason for why only one option is reported on - if anyone could enlighten me I'd be grateful. Thank you.
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Performance Reports

Post by Alec King »

Hi Martin,

You have some missing data there....there should be multiple rules/counters available in that report, such as memory Balloon, memory Latency Pct, and so on.

When did you install the VMware MP? The reports use aggregated data, so you have to wait several hours, even one day, before all reports start to populate.

If it's not a new install - then it might be worth opening a case with our support, just to check that the MP deployed correctly and data is being fed to the SCOM warehouse.

Cheers
Alec
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software
MartinH
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Martin Hodgson

Re: Performance Reports

Post by MartinH »

Thanks Alec, you are right, not all of our data counters are being fed into SCOM. I should have checked that they were.