Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
Rambler
Novice
Liked: never

email alert notification

Post by Rambler »

I'm evaluating the free version of the monitor and I have an issue with emails sent by the Monitor. I've set up few custom alerts and set them to send notification via email. The email arrives, but it appears with wrong date and time.
Thunderbird displays the date as 1.1.1970 01:00, webmail client displays them with correct date, but wrong time - it's always 01:57. The correct date/time is in the email source.
All other emails that pass the SMTP server that I use to send these are coming fine (ie. with correct date/time).

Where's the problem? Incorrect email composition by the Veeam Monitor? Something else?

It's a nice product, but if all email notifications would be displayed with year 1970, then it would render that feature useless.

Thanks in advance
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: email alert notification

Post by Gostev »

Since the email source has correct date/time, this means that Veeam Monitor is composing the email correctly. Looks to be an issue with with your email/webmail clients, or the actual mail server. I do not see this problem with Exchange and Outlook/OWA.
Rambler
Novice
Liked: never

Re: email alert notification

Post by Rambler »

Outlook displays the date correctly, but I still believe it's Veeam Monitor issue, because all other emails received from all over the world have correct timestamps displayed as do all other email messages sent through the SMTP server I've used for sending emails from the Monitor. Company policy disallows Outlook, so Thunderbird/webmail client is what is used here. Does that mean we're out of luck then?

Do you have any idea what could be the problem? Could you perhaps test this with Thunderbird?