Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
krismcewan
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris mcewan

Backup failure

Post by krismcewan »

I will try and keep this simple

I have tested my backup with 1 VM and backed it up to the windows network share destination successfully.

when i added another server it came up with an error that included "Cannot backup file in the service console mode"

Yet if i delete the jobs, reset them up with all the servers and run them again it works fine.

now the destination share is on a 1gb network with the share open to Everyone .

Anyone any clues or pointers where i am going wrong
krismcewan
Influencer

Re: Backup failure

Post by krismcewan »

ok this is the error its throwing up

Backing up file "[Vmsys1] WLCVC01_1/WLCVC01_1-flat.vmdk" BackupFile failed Client error: The specified network name is no longer available Failed to write data to the file [\\10.0.0.94\Veeam_backup\Daily Backup.vbk]. Cannot backup file in the service console mode. File: [/vmfs/volumes/4af06bba-6b96e0b6-4d22-0015179624ae/WLCVC01_1/WLCVC01_1-flat.vmdk]. VBK: [veeamfs:6:03a98e75-fa7a-4349-b61a-3250ccd38eaf (vm-148)\WLCVC01_1-flat.vmdk@\\10.0.0.94\Veeam_backup\Daily Backup.vbk]. RBK: []. Server error: Connection reset by peer Backup request cannot be processed. Source file path: [/vmfs/volumes/4af06bba-6b96e0b6-4d22-0015179624ae/WLCVC01_1/WLCVC01_1-flat.vmdk].

Now it looks liek the destination is dropping but its not its a windows network share.

still puzzled by all this
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Hello Chris, for all technical issues it would be best to contact our support directly for troubleshooting help. Thank you.
krismcewan
Influencer

Post by krismcewan »

thanks gostev.

Customer is being a pain and not wanting to raise a call (????) so i wanted to see if it was a known issue before i pushed him to it.

Regards

Chris
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Chris, no there are known issues like that. The latest release looks to be rock solid overall, majority of issues submitted to our support appear to be environmental.

Looking at the error above I believe that the network connection to the said network share is dropping. Usually it is hard to say a lot from the summary error, this is why we always ask to send full product logs to support for investigation.