Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
MrBigFeathers
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason

Can't replicate VM on ESXi 4 host to another ESXi 4 host

Post by MrBigFeathers »

I have two ESXi 4 HA, VMotion clusters in two separate sites. I want to replicate a VM from one cluster to the other. When I create the job I only have the option to replicate my ESXi 4 VM to one of my ESX 3.5 hosts. I don't see any of my other ESXi 4 hosts as replication destinations. The documentation says you can replicate to ESXi. My ESXi servers are licensed at the Enterprise level.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Can't replicate VM on ESXi 4 host to another ESXi 4 host

Post by Gostev »

Hello Jason, most likely you do not have the latest Veeam Backup version installed. Replication to ESXi was only added in version 4.1.
MrBigFeathers
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason

Post by MrBigFeathers »

We have 4.1 installed. We just installed the trial yesterday with the intention to purchase but we need the ESXi to ESXi functionality.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Ah... ESXi hosts were hidden from destination selection in all previous releases, which is why I thought you are on pre-4.1 release.

More things to check:
1. Are you sure you are looking at Replication wizard (not Backup wizard)?
2. Do you see those target ESXi hosts in Veeam Backup Servers tree (under vCenter)?
3. Do you have credentials specified for your target ESXi hosts (right-click ESXi host in Veeam Backup Servers tree, choose Properties)?

Really can't think of anything else if you have 4.1 installed... if neither above is the case, may be it would be best to arrange webex with our support to look at this in live.