Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
cffit
Veteran
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Christensen Farms

VEEAM Replication vs VMWare's DRaaS offering

Post by cffit »

I am working on a DR project at work and I have some options I'm looking at. We are a VMWare environment and we use VEEAM Backup and Replication for our backups. I'm looking into VMWare's new DRaaS offering and comparing it to VEEAM's replication option to a third party cloud provider who offers VEEAM replication to their end. I was going to ask for a fair comparison, but since I'm in VEEAM-land here I'll just ask what the benefits are of going with VEEAM replication as a DR solution vs VMWare's new DRaaS offering :)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: VEEAM Replication vs VMWare's DRaaS offering

Post by Gostev »

This service is based on vSphere Replication, and so they share all the same drawbacks.

On top of that, you may want to check out our v8 announcement last week for what's coming to our replication functionality later this year. Even more unique features vSphere Replication does not provide, and some might be very relevant for you since you are already using Veeam for backups.
cffit
Veteran
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Christensen Farms

Post by cffit »

Would you be able to list out a few of the bigger features/offerings that VEEAM cloud replication would be better than native VMWare DR repliaction?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Not sure I fully understand your question, but the current differences between Veeam replication and vSphere replication are highlighted following the first link in my previous post.